I’ve been spending my days finishing up a big wall tiling job in a house without air conditioning. I’m too fried to pull off what I did yesterday with 5 posts added through 11PM. Starting fresh tomorrow.
- Rich Juzwiak looks at the resurgence of quality pop music in America. Blame it on Gotye? Blame it on Adele. Her Adult Contemporary crossover magic raised the songwriting bar on Top 40 again. Gawker
- I wasn’t aware that a few of these books were unfinished. I also don’t understand why everyone focuses on the international version of Mark Twain’s The Mysterious Stranger. Team Satiric Cozy with the Students and the Priest. BuzzFeed
- Won’t you help the creators of Jesus Camp launch a 25 city independent distribution deal for their new documentary about Detroit? Kickstarter
- I’m sorry, but Mr. Sinclair Lewis has already filled those positions. Letters of Note
- Well, isn’t this manga just so cheery. Hell Yeah Horror Manga
- And we need a Leprechaun reboot because…Cinema Blend
- Come to think of it, I can’t think of too many optimistic science fiction stories. Does Looking Backward by Edward Bellamy count? io9
- Can you imagine being trained to fear donuts at your workplace? The Trenches
Finally, let’s give it up for the creative camp counselors who decided a Helen Keller musical using unlicensed songs from Bat Boy and Legally Blonde was worthy of the highlight reel treatment on YouTube.