2012 was a really interesting year for music videos. A lot of great videos came out from independent and international artists that became far more popular than anything put out by the major labels in the US. Many times, these were low budget affairs with excellent execution. Other times, they were elaborate collaborations with animation studios and large casts. And then there’s a Korean rapper dancing like a pony to mock a certain cultural stereotype in his country.
These are the Best Music Videos of 2012. Six honorable mentions followed by a ranked top six. You can also click on over to the fourth page for a YouTube playlist of all the videos.
- Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra, “Want It Back”
- Ben Folds Five, “Do It Anyway”
- The Guild, “I’m the One That’s Cool”
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, “Fashion Monster”
- Le1f, “Wut”
- Manlia Luzon & Latrice Royale, “The Chop”